Monday 26 September 2011

Pesqueira, Mexico

Mexico is hot. Very hot. All the time. And humid. This I discovered during our five and a half hours at the border last Wednesday. Sorry about no entries for the last 10 days or so. Not so much Internet access, so I'll be posting a bunch of entries together... Anyway, back to the border. 12:00-17:30. Pretty painful. Especially as we'd been up since 4:30am as someone in the room didn't move her clock forward when she set the alarm. So Wednesday was a pretty long day as we only arrived at the church where we stayed after 9pm. Was great arriving to a traditional Mexican meal of Tacos though. Man these guys know how to braai a steak!

We spent 3 nights sleeping at the church in a town called Pesqueira. Both Thursday and Friday days we went round the village inviting people to come to a revival meeting at the church that night. We couldn't believe so many people came. Thursday about 45 people gave their life to Jesus and many healings occurred - like one boy had some weird stuff going on in his eyes in the afternoon when we met him in the village, and when he came to the church his eyes were healed. Awesome.

Breck and some of the boys

Mexican sunrises and sunsets are stunning. A deep red like in Africa.
No surprise that I'm handling some of the budget. Let's just say that cooking for 20 people in a foreign country is quite a challenge. It's a challenge to budget and work out food quantities, but I'm sure we'll get better at it.
The people here are so beautiful. Similar in a way to Africans, yet different at the same time. My Spanish is improving as I sit in the dirt learning from the children. A couple of children have won my heart. Today (Friday) we spent some time hanging out with a family in their garden. One the kids asked me to come play tomorrow. She was so disappointed when I said I couldn't as I'd be leaving to go to another town tomorrow. We settled on a beautiful hug goodbye.

A little boy about ten or twelve years old asked if I was married. When I said no, one of the guys in my team asked if he would like to marry me. He said no!

A highlight in Fridays' ministry was when I prayed for one of the girls in the youth. Firstly I was massively surprised and super happy when I understood (we were speaking Spanish) what she needed prayer for, but more importantly she was healed. She had pain in her leg which she wanted to be healed of, but then her whole body was healed as well. That was the moment I knew that moments like that make what we do worthwhile. There were many other healings to - a man had had pain in his foot for 4 days and had barely been able to walk into Church was healed, another man had such pain in his back he couldn't walk, he was healed to, and more.

Worshipping God


Ben and Maria preaching with the local pastor


Zoe loves the mic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment