Thursday 26 April 2012

Piura and Shekinah - round 2


Needless to say we were ecstatic to be getting off the bus, especially as we were heading straight to the mechanics yard to pick up Shekinah and begin our road trip down to the rest of the team in Lima. Alas this was not to be, as no surprise but Shakina still wasn't ready. After 6 hours of sitting in the mechanics yard dreaming of a shower (5 days of not showering or changing clothes day or night is not pleasant) we picked up our bags, headed to the mall for some much needed food and then back to our trusty hostel for our even more needed shower. 

Instead of sitting around Piura (not a very happening town) we headed to the coastal town of Colan for the weekend. This is when I started feeling sick, with Sunday and Monday spent in bed. What a waste to be in bed when at the beach! Humorous story is me turning down my first Peruvian marriage proposal. The son of the hostel owners invited me for a walk along the beach the last night, which I gracefully declined. The next morning while hand washing some clothes before we left his mom came over to tell me they're looking for a foreign wife for their son, and me being South African is just perfect. Err, awkward.

After ministering to another guest where we were staying we headed back to Piura on Tuesday to get the car, which no surprise wasn't ready (as I write this the car still isn't fixed, it's been in the mechanic's yard for over a month now). Natalie needed to get back to Lima as she was flying back to America that Sunday so the two of us took a bus back to Lima on Wednesday. This was the poshest bus we've ever been in! We were really like 2 overly excited kids, reclining chairs, personal AC, good movies to watch, yummy food (dinner and breakfast), a waiter, footrests plus wifi!! Oh my goodness what a step up from the last bus experience. Actually any bus I've ever been on. And was the same price as the previous awful bus ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment